About the Centers of Excellence Award
Superior HealthPlan established a Foster Care Center of Excellence (FCCOE) program in 2017. The goal was to further help children and youth in foster care. This program consists of providers who have foster care expertise. These centers help streamline services for STAR Health members. They also improve collaboration between Superior and these groups:
- Primary Care Providers (PCPs)
- Foster parents
- Medical consenters
- Behavioral health providers
- Department of Family and Protective Services (DFPS)
- Child-placing agencies
A Foster Care Center of Excellence includes:
- Providers who have met more than 60 criteria. These include quality improvement initiatives, program processes and staff requirements.
- Behavioral health resources. This includes care services for emotional or developmental issues.
- Access to Superior Service Coordinators on site. These employees help members and caregivers understand benefits, get help with appointments, find transportation and identify community resources.
Watch the video below to learn about one of the recipients of this award.
About Superior HealthPlan
Superior HealthPlan is a managed care organization that provides care to 1.6 million Texans. We began in El Paso in 1999. Superior now has 8 office locations. Superior serves members in all 254 counties across the state.
Superior works with the State of Texas Health and Human Services (HHS) to bring you many programs. These include STAR (Medicaid), Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP), CHIP Perinatal Care, STAR Kids, STAR+PLUS and STAR Health. We have been the only provider of STAR Health since 2008.
Superior is committed to staying active in communities in Texas. In 2020, the organization and its employees donated $1.3 million to community-based organizations. Superior has organized or hosted nearly 200 events across the state.